ESOL Skills for Life
Jinnah's ESOL Skills for Life qualifications are designed for adults living in the UK who need English language skills to help them in their everyday lives. The introduction booklet gives an overview of what they contain and the progression path.
ESOL Skills for Life is available at five levels - you'll find syllabuses, qualification information and teaching resources on the dedicated level pages.
These qualifications are fully accredited by Ofqual – Ofqual qualification titles and codes (PDF, 230KB).
ESOL Skills for Life qualifications focus on building confidence in English language communication. The exams cover a wide range of topics and tasks, which are inclusive and relevant to every learner.
Speaking & Listening exams are available on demand and the Reading and Writing exams are available on a variety of exam dates throughout the year.
Skills for Life learners can take a standalone Speaking & Listening qualification or a four-skills qualification in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
- The speaking and listening unit takes the form of a one-to-one interview with an Ascentis examiner.
- The reading and writing units are assessed through formal timed paper and pencil tests taken under controlled exam conditions which are externally assessed by Ascentis markers.
Will be explained in thee session programme.
The Citizenship syllabus covers the following subjects:
- CITIZENSHIP AND SOCIETY: AN OVERVIEW
- WHAT IS CITIZENSHIP?
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CITIZEN?
- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A CITIZEN IN YOUR COUNTRY?
- WHAT DOES CITIZENSHIP MEAN TO YOU?
- RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- PARLIAMENT AND THE ELECTORAL SYSTEM
- GEOGRAPHY AND HISTORY
- THE UNITED KINGDOM AS A DIVERSE SOCIETY
- RESPONDING TO STEREOTYPES
- THE UNITED KINGDOM IN EUROPE, THE COMMONWEALTH AND THE UNITED NATIONS
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- WORKING IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
- VOLUNTEERING AND CITIZENSHIP
- KNOWING THE LAW
- GETTING INVOLVED IN YOUR COMMUNITY
- FAITHS AND BELIEFS
- VOCABULARY FOR CITIZENSHIP
Teaching materials and resources used in the course are taken from the document entitled Citizenship Materials for ESOL Learners produced by NIACE/LLU+ and Citizenship Materials for ESOL Learners
Students will be required to take a formal ESOL exam at the end of your course using the following examination board:
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/jinnah/domains/jinnahcommunity.org.uk/public_html/templates/gk_rockwall/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 151